Full name: John Robert Lepine
General Manager, The Motor Schools Association of Great Britain (MSA GB)
President, European Driving Schools Association (EFA)
Office: 101 Wellington Road North, Stockport, Cheshire SK4 2LP
Tel: 0161 429 9669
MSA GB is the national trade association for driving instructors and schools founded in 1935. Full members of the association are all Driving Standards Agency Approved Driving Instructors (ADI) members also include those training to become driving instructors and all driver/rider trainers who are qualified to carry out the training they deliver.
EFA represents the interest of its members with all European authorities, institutions and organisations, concerned with: driving instruction; driver improvement; further education of novice drivers; environmentally friendly driving and all questions concerning road safety. Members are Driving School Associations which are registered in Europe currently there are 27 countries in membership
For MSA GB – responsible to the Board of Management for the day to running of the organisation. Principal areas of responsibility policy and communications. Executive editor of Newslink monthly trade paper.
For EFA – responsible for implementing the decisions of general meetings. Official representative of EFA when dealing with authorities and institutions in Europe. Management of the EFA secretariat rests with the president.
2015 – 2017 Non executive Director Firstbasic Limted.
2014 – 2019 Member of the National Associations Strategic Partnership
2011 – 2016 Chairman People 1st Driver Trainer Industry Board
2009 – 2011 Director GoSkills Main Board (Sector Skills Council)
2007 – 2008 Chairman GoSkills NVQ technical review group
2007 – 2013 Member DSA MDT Steering Group & Working Party
2005 – 2011 Chairman GoSkills Driving Trainer Industry Board
2004 – 2009 Member of GoSkills Stakeholder Board
2004 – 2005 Member Instructor Standards Project Expert Group
2000 – 2010 Member Ministers Road Safety Advisory Panel
1999 – 2004 Director of the Official Register of Driving Instructor Trainers Management Committee Ltd. (ORDIT)
1999 – 2001 Member DSA Fleet Driver Initiative Committee
1999 – 2000 Member Work-related Road Safety Task Group
1997 – 2012 Member Pass Plus Board
1997 – 2000 Member DfT Advisory Group – Driver Training and Testing
1995 – 1996 Chairman N/SVQ. Driving Instruction Management Group
1992 – 1999 Member of the Directory of Approved Driving Instructor Training Establishments (ADITE) Management Committee, Chair 1994 – 99
1988 – 1992 Chairman Working Party investigating the setting up of a register of driving instructor training establishments.
- Parliamentary Advisory Council for Transport Safety (PACTS)
- Royal Society for Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA)
- European Driving Schools Association (EFA)
- Fellow of the Institute of Association Management
- Fellow of the Institute of Master Tutors of Driving
- Fellow of the Association of Industrial Road Safety Officers
- Honorary Member of The Motor Schools Association of Great Britain
- Member of the DVSA Register of Approved Driving Instructors
- Member of The Institute of Advanced Motorists
- Witness providing written and oral evidence to The Transport Committee of the House of Commons
- Addressing MEPs and road safety experts at the European Parliament
- Analyst on the BBC3 programme Barely Legal Drivers
- Expert witness in legal cases involving driver trainers
- Auditor – Institute of Master Tutors of Driving (IMTD)
Appointed a Member of the Civil Division of the most excellent order of the British Empire (MBE) for services to road safety and driver training 15th June 1991
Interests and activities
Grandchildren, MCFC, KCCC and painting very poor water colours.